Friday, July 8, 2011

Stranded in DC.

Currently sitting in the airport in Washington DC with my great friend, Sarah C. We're people-watching, laughing, and learning inappropriate phrases in Czech. Our flight out of DC to Frankfurt got delayed by nearly three hours. This means that we'll be arriving in Germany a lot later than we expected, which ultimately means we'll miss our connecting flight to Prague. This is not good. Is it strange that I'm looking at this in a positive light? We're growing. We're on our own, and we're dealing with this dilemma. I will say, however, that I am very grateful for the fact that neither one of us is alone.

The flight to DC wasn't so bad. It was a little choppy at times, and I managed to get twenty minutes of quality sleep. "Quality" to be taken very lightly, thanks to the cute British child sitting behind me. The cute, cranky, British child...

So yeah, that's about all I have right now. Just keeping this updated like I promised myself I would.

Despite our current predicament, I'm still very thankful to be here. This is going to be an amazing experience, and quite the journey. To everyone back at home, miluji tě.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment