Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Courtyard Lunch Break

It's 11:00 AM on Wednesday, July 20th. It's my lunch break. I just got out of film class. We watched this Hungarian film, Love, which was a story about a woman caring for her sick mother-in-law as they both await the return of their husband/son. It was great. It was a montage of past and present, which really added to the overall emotion of feeling anxious and unsettled. But this isn't a movie review... What is this?

I was taking notes in class today. Being the overly organized student that I am, I asked someone for the date so I could date my notes. Organization: The Key to Happiness. Anyway, I asked, "What's the date? July 18th?" My question was immediately followed by, "No, it's July 20th." This was shocking news.

It seems to be that my days are numbered here in Prague. I've been here for twelve days already. I'm halfway through. My journey in Prague will soon come to an end, which, in a sense, I feel okay about. At least I feel okay about it today. Right now. Sometimes the thought of going home makes me sad. The thought of leaving the familiar. I never thought Prague would become my familiar. But it has. It's kind of become home, for now, at least.

Tomorrow morning, at 7:00 AM (promptly!), we're leaving for Vienna, Austria. We'll be there for four days. I am beyond excited, namely because that's where The Sound of Music was filmed. The Sound of Music is such a wonderful movie, and it was a pleasure playing Liesl a couple of summers ago with Wing and a Prayer Players. Also, Vienna has wine. Sparkling wine. I'm excited.

Regardless of how fast time is passing, I am not failing to soak it all in. I realize my time here is limited, and chances are, I may never visit Prague again. That's okay, though, because I can check this location off of my places-to-travel list. It's lengthy, I'll admit. Hopefully I'll be seeing New York in December. And I know I'll eventually make my way back out of the United States to spend some time in Ireland. London, too. Someday.

But as for now, I am in Prague. And I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment