Friday, August 5, 2011

Farewell

This is it.

This is the end.

Tomorrow is August 6th. The day I've somewhat been dreading, while simultaneously looking forward to all this time. The day I go home.

Prague has changed my life. It's made me stronger, and that's what I needed to be. Stronger. Although I'm experiencing a moment of weakness, I know I'll be able to build myself up again. And I'll do it on a much sturdier foundation. A foundation of strength.

These memories.

What can I say about these memories?

I can't say anything. I don't have the words. People will ask me What was Prague like? But what can I say?

I don't have the words.

The answers are in my thoughts. My memory. The sparkle in my eyes. The beating of my heart.

The answers are on the soles of my shoes. The blisters on my feet. The bags under my eyes from lack of sleep.

That's where the answers are. They can't be explained. Only experienced.

You want to know what Prague is really like? Then ignore the postcard that you know I bought for you.

Ignore it.

If you want to know what Prague is like, then live there for a month.

Try the food.

Meet the people.

Learn the tram numbers and their stops.

Befriend the locals.

Bathe in the sunlight.

If you want to know Prague, don't ask me. I can't tell you. I wish I could. But I can't.

This past month spent in Prague was the most precious month of my life. The most precious month.

And I will miss it more than I can describe in words. More than my eyes can sparkle. And more than my heart can beat.

Prague has become my home away from home, and I'm far from ready to leave it behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment