Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Countdown:

In seventeen days, I will be sitting on a plane heading to Prague. Yes, I am leaving the country for one month, and yes I am writing about it! I figure, why not, right? Why not write about my glorious adventures in a far away land? I guess.

I am very excited to be studying abroad. I had a difficult time deciding whether or not I wanted to go, and then I had an epiphany and realized life is way short, so I’m going to seize the moment. I’m leaving the states for a month and gracing the Czech Republic with my glorious, sarcastic self. Can’t wait!

So, why Prague? I don’t really know. Why not Prague? The only other summer study abroad programs that were available, that I’m aware of, were Costa Rica (no thanks) and France (maybe in the future). Besides, Prague’s classes seemed a hell of a lot cooler than the other ones I came across. I’m taking a Travel Writing class, which I am itching to start! I can’t wait to blog about all of my wonderful experiences and share them with my friends and family back home. I’m also taking a class on European film. I’ve been told this means I’ll most likely probably definitely be seeing boobs and/or the occasional sex scene or two. Great. Anyways! I’m excited.

I can’t wait to submerge myself in another country’s culture. I am so very excited. I can’t wait to learn cool, Czech phrases and take pretty pictures. Hopefully they have super-awesome clothes there, because I am ready to shop. Then again, I’m a girl, and I’m pretty sure we’re all genetically programmed to actually like shopping, BUT I could be wrong. What makes the thought of living in Prague for an entire month even more appealing is that one of my great friends is also going! Plus we’re taking the same classes and rooming together. Can you say awesome? I can! In Czech!

Děsivý!

Yeah, I just Googled that. Whatever…. Anyway, I’ll be updating this as often as I’m able, so for any of you who actually read this, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment