Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bring on the excitement!

I just got an email from my Travel Writing professor briefly talking about the course and encouraging us to begin our readings before we arrive in Prague (cough). My middle name is Procrastination. Does he not know this?

Anyway, the email really pumped me up about traveling abroad. I can't wait to get there and experience something different. I used to be so opposed to change, but as I'm getting older, I'm embracing it with open arms. Or arms wide open, if you're in the mood for Creed, which I am not, nor will I ever be. What I am in the mood for is learning, writing, exploring, mingling, walking, sightseeing, and indulging. I can't wait to try new things, meet new people, and wake up in the morning and seeing something other than New Orleans or Hammond. New Orleans, I love you, but there's more to the world than just you alone. As for you, Hammond, well, I've never really liked you anyway.

I know I'm not in Prague yet. I won't be there for another two weeks. As the date creeps closer and closer, I'll be gaining even more excitement, which, in turn, will result in blog posts. Maybe even some pictures or Czech words that, of course, I Googled. I'll be purchasing a phrase book sometime between now and July 8th when I leave. Cut me some slack...

I did learn how to say a word the other day, though! I found a phrase book in Barnes and Noble when I was spending a lovely evening with my wonderful boyfriend. The word is very important to me, as it should be to everyone. The world, as we know it, would not be the same without this one little word. This four letter word. Are you ready?

Káva!

And that, my friends, is how one would say "coffee" if you fancied speaking in Czech. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment